Escaping the undertow
– They are always there to complain about the customers, the ads, the management ,the hours
– They issue constant reminders of why they are sure you can’t succeed
– They are the first to tell the company how bad they are
– They will be certain that the product has not really improved this year
It would seem that they flock together, as if they have some radar that attracts them to others of the same mind set
THE TRUTH IS
They are not finding fellow negative people, they are creating them. And worse yet, unsuspecting bright sales people fall victim to their influence every day
THERE IS NOTHING MORE THREATENING TO THE SALES EXPERIENCE THAN A BAD ATTITUDE
– The customer can feel it radiating off of you, You don’t care and they know it
– Your Coworkers can’t count on you when it’s important,( You wont put in the work it takes to be great)
– You become personally invested in the failure of others (It serves to reinforce your opinions and actions)
– Your entire organization suffers – Sales fall off, public image falters, the competition begins winning
THE GOOD NEWS – IT’S PREVENTABLE
– KNOW THE WARNING SIGNS & TAKE ACTION !!
– Has complaining replaced self improvement
Read a good book, talk with a trusted mentor , take some time and Regroup,
– Has your work product fallen off
This one requires a long look in the mirror, Don’t allow your self to blame any one or any thing for your lack, look only at your self. Ask the hard questions ” Am I giving it my all?” “Am I invested in my own success?”
– Do you find your self rejecting Positive influences, and rejecting good criticism
Be honest here, does it get under your skin when someone says good things about you, your company, or the Market place? Do you dismiss attempts to help as nonsense and rubbish ?
Open up, find a trusted mentor and LISTEN, do some soul searching what has stolen your passion? Where is your fire ? DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THAT PASSION BACK!!
AND MY LAST TIP FOR THIS SEGMENT :
UNLESS YOU ARE IN A POSITION TO TRULY HELP TURN IT AROUND, AVOID NEGATIVITY LIKE THE PLAGUE !!!!!!!!!
Even the strongest Sales person can get sucked into the world of whiners and complainers !! This is a very slippery mental place , and I can’t stress enough the importance of avoiding It’s grasp. Avoid Negative people, Negative habits, and Negative Places . Be a Positive energetic, fired up selling machine !!
Sell like your living depends on it