Your support Staff
Just to name a few examples
Here is the beginning of it all, The most important person in the selling process. Unfortunately we often do the worst job here
– Avoid Industry lingo, and acronyms that your customer doesn’t understand. They waste his time, and cloud the facts of the purchase
– Write down the details of the transaction- When will it be ready. What will they need to bring. What additional expenses might they incur . You get the idea , put it all in writing.
– Ask questions, Do they understand the process? Are they feeling good about the progress thus far? Is there any concern that hasn’t been addressed? Listen to the responses and Communicate Clearly
– Set a specific date and time to meet again, and then confirm that date and time.
YOUR SUPPORT STAFF
– Don’t assume that those helping you to take care of the customer know exactly what he wants, Share the details with those that make this experience possible. Make sure everyone is on the same page with the customers expectations and take personal responsibility for the success of the sale.
SERVICE AND DELIVERY
– If you are in a large ticket retail setting chances are good you are not getting the product ready or delivered on your own
– Be very specific with these departments, after all they will shape the customer’s lasting impression of you and your company. If this part of the process goes well, it will result in referrals and repeat customers and that equals SALES
– Respect the limits of these departments, they have schedules and work that is in progress, they cannot easily manipulate their day to day activities. You should be aware of those limitations when scheduling your customer’s delivery
Clear and specific communication with everyone involved will ensure that your customer has the best possible experience and that is …
Selling like your living depends on it
– They are always there to complain about the customers, the ads, the management ,the hours
– They issue constant reminders of why they are sure you can’t succeed
– They are the first to tell the company how bad they are
– They will be certain that the product has not really improved this year
It would seem that they flock together, as if they have some radar that attracts them to others of the same mind set
THE TRUTH IS
They are not finding fellow negative people, they are creating them. And worse yet, unsuspecting bright sales people fall victim to their influence every day
THERE IS NOTHING MORE THREATENING TO THE SALES EXPERIENCE THAN A BAD ATTITUDE
– The customer can feel it radiating off of you, You don’t care and they know it
– Your Coworkers can’t count on you when it’s important,( You wont put in the work it takes to be great)
– You become personally invested in the failure of others (It serves to reinforce your opinions and actions)
– Your entire organization suffers – Sales fall off, public image falters, the competition begins winning
THE GOOD NEWS – IT’S PREVENTABLE
– KNOW THE WARNING SIGNS & TAKE ACTION !!
– Has complaining replaced self improvement
Read a good book, talk with a trusted mentor , take some time and Regroup,
– Has your work product fallen off
This one requires a long look in the mirror, Don’t allow your self to blame any one or any thing for your lack, look only at your self. Ask the hard questions ” Am I giving it my all?” “Am I invested in my own success?”
– Do you find your self rejecting Positive influences, and rejecting good criticism
Be honest here, does it get under your skin when someone says good things about you, your company, or the Market place? Do you dismiss attempts to help as nonsense and rubbish ?
Open up, find a trusted mentor and LISTEN, do some soul searching what has stolen your passion? Where is your fire ? DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THAT PASSION BACK!!
AND MY LAST TIP FOR THIS SEGMENT :
UNLESS YOU ARE IN A POSITION TO TRULY HELP TURN IT AROUND, AVOID NEGATIVITY LIKE THE PLAGUE !!!!!!!!!
Even the strongest Sales person can get sucked into the world of whiners and complainers !! This is a very slippery mental place , and I can’t stress enough the importance of avoiding It’s grasp. Avoid Negative people, Negative habits, and Negative Places . Be a Positive energetic, fired up selling machine !!
Sell like your living depends on it
Funny, I never dreamed of rehearsal, Practice , voice lessons ,
No one dreams of hard work, long hours,training,and practice . But this is exactly what it takes to rise above the average sales masses
Putting in the effort when the other guys are long finished, Being willing to get just a little farther before you wrap it up. Asking
What gets you up earlier than the competition, What keeps
This discipline is the result of PASSION , a driving desire to
Training and practice
I know a Sales person who brags ” I have sold more units to my bathroom mirror than I have customers ” !
Incidently, he consistantly out sells his peers . Sales is like any other Craft, training and practice are the key to lasting success. Practice really doesn’t make Perfection, It does make you better and
Sell like your living depends on it
The answer lies in Yesterday’s preparation, and This morning’s activity
PREPARING TO WORK IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE PERFORMANCE
1. SET THE GOAL FOR THE DAY
What will you accomplish , make it simple and specific, don’t allow your self to drift aimlessly through your day relying on Chance. Set a defined goal
” I will sell ___ ”
” I will make __ new contacts”
” I will call __ current customers”
” I will study ________”
” I will leave today prepared for tomorrow”
2. PREPARE TO WORK YOUR PLAN
A common sales day is filled with distractions, Work place drama, Office politics, Internal issues, Gossip, Home place interruptions, and many other situations and people that will derail even the best of intentions.
The key ; Discipline
Be disciplined in your approach to your day, prioritize your tasks, Write down the tasks for the day and check them off as you finish.
Plan to avoid the parts of your work environment that tend to steal your time and attention. Stay out of the “break room” avoid the “gathering spots” ( Every work place has them ) These places tend to rob your time and impact negatively on your attitude . In the end staying focused on your plan will result in a fulfilling work day and a profitable selling day
3. REDISCOVER THE VALUE OF QUIET TIME IN THE MORNINGS
Even if you have to get up a little earlier, just a little time in the morning , in quiet meditation, Prayer, or reflection is worth Thousands to you in additional income. Not because it provokes some mythical spirit of wealth that bestows you with sales. It does however , kindle a fire within you, a quiet determination to have a good day , and a reassurance of whats truly important in your life. It prepares you to interact with Customers and Co-workers in a positive manner and this results in SALES
And the final tip for this post ;
4. BRING GENUINE ENTHUSIASM TO WORK WITH YOU
Don’t count on it being there when you arrive, don’t blame others for the lack of it in your work place BRING IT . I would much rather be known at work for being the guy that is way too fired up ,than for being the guy that is way too burnt out.
Sell like your living depends on it